Btn_red_77x28 Green website certified by Greenscroll Clip to Evernote

Saturday, March 15, 2008

is anyone out there?

So I put a tracking code on this blog so I could track the hits and know the traffic patterns. Sadly, I am like the Omega Man - hello-o-o-o-o-o-o. Is anyone out there?????? Apparently not. I love to write my thoughts and wonder if my blog is just lost in the cacophony of the blogosphere? How many thousands of people are writing, just like me? But I put my thoughts in a blog so others will read it and join the conversation. I feel like I am in the back of a very crowded room and no one can see me - apparently answering the question that is my blog address - iamhereru.

I know other bloggers put gimmicks on their site to generate viewers. Not really my style. Bloggers form mutual pacts and advertise one another's sites, which makes sense. If you like one site and they recommend another, you may like it too. That would require that I not be isolated in cyberspace. As with anything in life - being in relationship is more likely to get you the results you want than not being in relationship. So look for some site recommendations, a little more community here, and the same writing I have been doing. It's what I know. It's what I do.

2 comments:

Absolutely Feisty said...

I'm here.

Good blog!

and I agree.. I hate the "gimmicky" blogs.. but then again, it's not my style either.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear your voice and hope you continue to feel the importance of being heard. I understand and applaud your thinking.

I'm a Chinese woman married to a white man. We live in a predominantly white suburb of Vancouver, BC. I've been living a "white" life for 26 years... with some success.