Btn_red_77x28 Green website certified by Greenscroll Clip to Evernote

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Re-Boot for this blog

I've left this blog in mothballs for six months because I had run out of things to say. Well, not exactly - because the Professor never runs out of opinions. But I ran out of momentum to write and turned all my momentum to doing. Taking on the creation of community development projects is hard work, mentally taxing, and vexing. I continue to marvel at how some groups and individuals come up with an idea and within six months they implement. However, the downside of a fast start is that they tend to flame out quickly. I'm looking to create for the long haul.

But I miss having a regular communication vehicle, so I am rebooting what I want to write about. I'm going to be the "Go-To" place for what's going on in the urban core of KC. To that end, I am going to start a new blog on a wordpress site and leave this blog for the archives.

I think I wrote some great pieces along the way on this blog and occasionally had some good conversation on it. It was a cathartic opportunity for me to express what it was like to move into the urban core, how it affected me and my thinking, and to chronicle the reactions and responses I got. Having been an urban core dweller in KC, then Camden, NJ, and now back in KC, I think I have written all I can write about this topic on a regular basis.

So come visit me over at the new site where you will find updates on KC urban projects, some best practices I've found elsewhere, and of course, some commentary from me.

The new link is: www.kcurbancore.wordpress.com

Thanks for visiting here over the years!

1 comment:

assignments web said...

Nice and informative Blog regarding <a href="http://www.management-assignment.com> management homework help</a> this is really helpful for people who interested in Online Education. Thanks and Keep Continue to share useful information with us.